Business Immigration

Work Permits

In Canada, a foreign national must obtain a work permit to work in Canada.  In order to obtain a work permit you must satisfy specific requirements related to the worker class (some exceptions may apply).

Intra-Company Transfer Work Permits

People who have been working for a foreign company affiliated with a Canadian company may apply to temporarily work in Canada as an intra-company transferee. This stream requires the Canadian and foreign company to prove their affiliation and that the intra-company transferee has at least one year of qualifying work experience and has specialized knowledge of the company’s products and services.

Hiring Temporary Foreign Workers

If you would like to hire a foreign worker to temporarily work in Canada, you will need to obtain a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).  A LMIA requires employers to demonstrate that the worker is needed for their business. We will assist employers in preparing applications and submissions.

Certain employers may not need to apply for a LMIA before hiring a foreign worker.